Purpose of Position and Scope of Responsibility:
Assists the section supervisor in supervision and coordination of work activities in the assigned sub units using established policies and procedures to advance section and entity goals and objectives. Under the direct supervision of assigned supervisor responsible for 1 shift, 8 hours/day, 5 days/week. Incumbents are subject to overtime and callback as required by AEL.
1. Trains, schedules, and assigns tasks using established policies, procedures and methods to facilitate activities of the section.
2. Monitors, counsels, and recommends discipline of employees in the section using esta blished policies and procedures to assistmanagement in reaching productivity goals.
3. Communicates with clients to schedule a ppropriate services, obtain patient information, and give specimen status using interpersonal communication and organizational skills to assure good customer response.
4. Performs all duties of sections using position accountabilities/ responsibilities and standards for section jobs descriptions in order to complete assigned section's workload
5. Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Two years laboratory experience
Licensure, Registration, Certification:
Work require light physical exertion (up to 30 pounds) on a frequent basis (up to 50% of time) or continuous walking; or moderate physical exertion ( up to 50 pounds ) on an occasional basis; or heavy physical exertion (over 50 pounds) on an intermittent basis (not a routine part of the job).
Work involves frequent exposure to unpleasant working conditions or undesirable elements, may involve exposure to a variety of elements which are potentially hazardous or harmful which require
(exercise of well defined precautions for protection from injury or illness.