American Esoteric Laboratories (AEL), a Sonic Healthcare Company, is a community-based leader in laboratory medicine dedicated to provide quality care, innovative solutions, and personal service. AEL has serviced the medical community for more than 50 years with a strong community presence throughout the Mid-South encompassing Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, and Tennessee. AEL has a far-reaching infrastructure including a 154-vehicle fleet tracking over 3,500 stops a day. AEL is embedded within the communities servicing several Patient Service Centers (PSCs).
AEL is the largest independent laboratory network in Tennessee and the Mid-South offering a broad spectrum of clinical laboratory services dedicated to provide accurate and diagnostically meaningful results. AEL has an extensive test menu including hematology, clinical chemistry, coagulation studies, toxicology, cytology, histology, and comprehensive microbiology services. AEL is committed to delivering personalized customer service to support clients.
American Esoteric Laboratories Inc, (AEL), is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Laboratory team.
Receives, labels and accessions specimens following established laboratory procedures. Performs clerical duties according to established protocols and processes specimens as necessary for laboratory testing. Under the general direction of technical/supervisor or manager responsible for 1 shift, 8 hours/day, 5 days/weeks. Incumbents are subject to overtime and callback as required by AEL.
1. Receives, identifies and accessions specimens using standardized laboratory protocols to
ensure an accurate and complete process. This will include the functions of accessioning and processing urine drug screens, processing 24 hr and random urine chemistries using the centrifuge, aliquoting, utilizing OLA for sorting and weblab for storage.
2. Accessions an average of 30 requisitions per hour within 90 days of employment.
3. Identifies and resolves problems appropriately during the accessioning and labeling process of urine drug screens.
4. Processes specimens as directed to facilitate timely test performance. Exercised extreme caution through proper specimen handling procedures including containers, specimens and chain of custody when appropriate.
5. Distributes specimens efficiently following established procedures for timely test performance.
6. Maintain positive professional relationships with all client’s personnel when providing information or investigating problem specimens.
7. Performs clerical duties as assigned by supervisor to promote efficient and effective operation of the department.
8. Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
High School graduate/ or GED. Equivalent on the job training or work experience in lieu of diploma may be accepted. Minimum typing of 35 wpm with data entry work experience required and successful completion of an approved typing test required, prior to employment.
Minimum of six (6) months work experience in a laboratory/medical environment including data entry experience preferred.
Work requires light physical exertion (up to 30 pounds) on a frequent basis (up to 50% of time) or continuous walking; or moderate physical exertion (up to 50 pounds) on an intermittent basis (not a routine part of the job).
American Esoteric Laboratories (AEL) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).